Life, Wow, and Whatnot!

Welcome one and all to my blog. Enjoy the links to the side, the random funny video's I'll throw in here and there, and the rantings of a crazed lunatic!( that's me) I hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Make my heart right

I posted this to my xanga site, and thought I would share it here too. I've had one of those weekends where you just sit and wonder why things are the way they are, and how can I change what I am not proud of? Enjoy...

Acts 4:1-4
The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead. They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. But many who heard the message believed, and the number of men grew to about five thousand.
How is it that from the beginings of Christianity there have been peoples persecuted for sharing the good news of Jesus? How is it that we, living in our American dream, safe-and-secure bubbles can't imagine what many have suffered through for the sake of Christ? Apathy. We sit here and look at our news(trash)papers, watch our TV(trash) and Internet(trash) and live OUR lives(trash).

I'm not pointing fingers, but rather examining the plank in my own eye for a minute. Peter and John, two of Jesus' deciples suffered until their ends. But that is not a bad thing. They grew closer to Christ through their suffering then any of us have, or will, through our comfort. What kind of a Christian would I be if I suffered to the extent they did? Where would I be right now? what in my life would be diffarent? Who would I have shared the gospel with? What would I have done for my savior? Would I sit idly by and watch our world go to hell?

Make my heart right with you lord, help me to be a better servant, Help me come to a greater knowledge of you.

No comments: